About Pittsfield Education Foundation
Pittsfield Education Foundation is committed to improving the achievement and success of the children and teachers in the Pittsfield Public Schools by enhancing educational opportunities and building broad-based community support for quality public education.
ImpactWhat are some activities that PEF has supported?
- Teacher trained in conversational Spanish to improve communication with families.
- Training in strategies for working with students diagnosed with ADHD.
- Refined lesson planning and participation in research-based training to support literacy skills.
- GET UP & GO! before school exercise program coordinated in partnership with the Berkshire United Way.
- Teacher presentation at the 2018 American Alliance of Theatre & Education National Conference.
- Planning to support enhanced vocabulary instruction and explore researched-based reading interventions.
- Create hands-on kits to build fluency in mathematics at the elementary level.
- Support Dr. Shirley Edgerton’s social justice work in partnership with Greylock Federal Credit Union and in collaboration with Xcell, to teach young men strategies to overcome adversity.
- Summer Writers’ Workshop to help middle school students build confidence in writing.
- Provide Digital Escape Rooms for high school students to develop collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Tuition support for a Pittsfield educator to complete a Master’s degree program.
- Partnership with Feronia Forward (a local non-profit) to send elementary students to Ramblewild to participate in team building activities and learn about nature.